Modbus TCP and Ethernet IP

danieluy

Guys and gals,

i've been searching on what's the difference between MODBUS TCP and ETHERNET IP.

I've seen ModbusTCP vs others and ETHERNET vs OTHERS but i can't seem to find the difference...

It seems the difference is very slim... can anybody put me in the right direction?

Modbus TCP is simply Modbus protocol commands on top of a TCP/IP layer. Ethernet IP is CIP ( Control and Information Protocol ) on top of a TCP/IP layer.

Because both of them uses same TCP/IP bottom layers, all physical media ( twisted pair cable, CAT5, CAT6, coaxial, fibr optic ), framing, and transport layers will be same for both. Only the top layer which is application layer is different. Refere Modbus.org or Modbus deatils and odva.org for Ethernet IP.

Similar Topics

Does anyone have any recommendations for Electronic Circuit Breakers with 0V Terminals built-in and Fieldbus (IO-LINK, MODBUS TCP, EtherNet/IP?)...
Replies
Views
Hello, Sorry, my knowledge of communication protocol is limited, so thank you in advance for your answer. My question; I want to get 5 values...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Trying to help a client who has a project that was started with Schneider STB remote I/O, but they are still waiting on the STBNIP2212...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I was wondering if you clever people could help me, please. In the past I have used a standalone L33ER CompactLogix PLC with the...
Replies
Views
Hi all IÂ’m working on a problem in which I have to read sensor data from a data acquisition module in the field that only communicates using...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom