Twido Extreme

stevedunk

I am involved with repowering a locomotive with a Cummins QSK19 ESN 37236612. I intend to use a Murpphy PV1000 for the Display ( no gauges as such)and as the ECU cant accept additional inputs ( Cummins sayso)I need to use a Twido Extreme to handle converter and reverse gear box parameters as well as the Change from Hydraulic to Direct Drive (Niigata Converter)
I intend to use J1939 protocol to share information.
Anyone done a similar thing would be interested to hear other thoughts on this.
thanks

Does the Twido have a Can Bus interface card? It certainly did not some time ago.

I know Omron have a Can Open card for some of their PLCs but you would have to write all your own code. Cummins can supply a Modbus RTU interface card for their LonWorks implementation and probably can for J1939 as well.

I have not worked with a Cummins J1939 engine but do with Caterpillars all the time. They supply a Modbus RTU interface as standard thes days but you really have to fiddle with the data with floating point maths to make anything out of the data you get back. Turn averything to float, including divisisors etc, do your calcs and then fix back to decimal - not for the faint hearted. Took me a few days to get around it the first time.