Exoprting Tags in Wonderware

Chris S

Here is my delema right now. I am creating a new OP for our mill. We currently use Wonderware as the scada platform to control the mill using 5 PLC's. Now in this new OP they want the Alarm list from one of the PLC's to show up. Not really a big deal until started looking into it today and relised there are some 1440 alarm tags being used in this PLC.

What I would like to know is there a way to export these tag's with the alarm description so I can work it over to get it into a WinCC Flex compatible file so I can import them so I dont have to type all 1440 alarm's into the alarm database.

I hope someone can shed some light on this one for me.

Thanks,
Chris

I know theres a way of exporting all the tags into an exel spreadsheet, if you select the project from the initial project window there should be an export option.

I've used it once before, its pretty rough but you should be able to get all the tag names across but i dont think it will keep addresses but i may be wrong.

I cant remember the exact name of the function currently but il take a look tomorrow when im at a PC with Wonderware.

I couldn't tell from your post if you are trying to get PLC info imported into WW, or WW into PLC. Either way:

Run Intouch.exe (the application manager) and from the list of your apps, highlight the one you want to export from. Up top, there are Import and Export Icons. The Import Icon shows D-B going into a box and the Export Icon shows D-B falling out of a box. The Export Icon will dump your WW tag database into a CSV file. The Import one will load a CSV file into WW tag database.

You can also run these seperately. They are DBLoad.exe and DBDump.exe. If ran outside of app manager, it will prompt you for the location of the CSV file and your application.

If you are going from PLC to WW, use whatever utility is available in your PLC software to dump the data tables to a CSV file. Then, get your existing WW app and dump its database to a seperate CSV file. Compare the two in Excel, and format your PLC info into the requisite fields required for WW. On the first line of the WW CSV file there will be something like BLAHBLAH=ASK. Change the ASK to UPDATE or REPLACE before running the DBLOAD utility. Otherwise you'll have to acknowledge every tag as it runs through the CSV file and imports them. If you are doing this for the first time, backup your WW application so if you screw up, you have the original to go back to.