S7-200 Set, Reset (N Bits) where N=0 ?

mhopley

I am looking at a S7-200 program offline that has code that uses set & reset commands but the length is set to 0.

The online helps states that you can set or reset from 1 to 255 points.

Does anyone know what the value of 0 does? I presume nothing but I want to make sure it is not some sort of undocumented trick.

TIA

set_reset.JPG

Last edited:
mhopley said:
I am looking at a S7-200 program offline that has code that uses set & reset commands but the length is set to 0.

The online helps states that you can set or reset from 1 to 255 points.

Does anyone know what the value of 0 does? I presume nothing but I want to make sure it is not some sort of undocumented trick.

TIA

set_reset.JPG
This feature is not undocumented. The parameter is used to specify if there are more signals to reset.
Example: R m 30.0,2 wil reset M30.0, m30.1 and M30.2.

I hope it helps.

clemens said:
This feature is not undocumented. The parameter is used to specify if there are more signals to reset.
Example: R m 30.0,2 wil reset M30.0, m30.1 and M30.2.

I hope it helps.

The way I have used this in the past is with value of 1 to set/reset 1 bit. So R M 30.0,8 resets the whole byte.

Unfortunately I do not have a PLC here to test with. Can someone confirm this is right or wrong?

Yes, you are right. With 0 you set or reset no bit. With 8 you set or reset 8 bits. After reading again your question I came to understand what you were really asking and I don't know.

Sorry