double sheet detector

tomneth

Does anyone have any experience or recomendation on a double sheet detector? The one we're using isn't doing the job and is not the right type of sensor for this application. I have a steel sheet, probably about .007" thick. I need a sensor (non-contact) to detect when more than one passes through. Any suggestions?
:unsure:

I just had a demo last week of a Baumer focusable background suppression LASER sensor that would do that very thing

We had it set up on my desk and it would diferentiate between a single business card and two stacked cards from 6+ inches away.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts it would work for you.

Will ask for model num if your rep doesn't recognize the description.

Try http://primecontrol.com
We use their double sheet detectors for steel of about the same thickness as yours. These detectors are very reliable and very simple to set up. Calibration is just a matter of putting one sheet and press the calibrate button and then two sheets. Thats it simple and reliable.

Best regards
Kyle

I have used a sensor from sick last month to detect sheets of paper. They realy are good and easy to set up, but pretty expensive.

I think in our setup you have to watch out for the reflection that you have on metale sheets. They can mess up the signal. But even for those kind of purposes they have sensors........afcourse they are even more expensive (never tried them myself)

Thank you for the replies. The primecontrol.com domain name is for sale for $499.00 I'll check into the information posted and see what the company wants to do. Thanks again.
:D

Thanks Eric. I actually found them earlier on a Google search but the name didn't click :unsure:
It's good to hear a testimonial that their product works as advertised.
beerchug