ctc machine shop's profibus conversion to abdh

chue.lee

Well, I'm trying to change the profibus to abdh( data highway) on a ctc hmi screen. I'm using machineshop software. Their tutorials or examples are given as

ABDH\25$B3:3,14

DRIVER NAME ABDH
PLC STATION
NUMBER 25
MEMORY TYPE B FOR BINARY
FILE NUMBER 3
ELEMENT NUMBER 3
BIT NUMBER 14

Okay so mine on the hmi programing was abdh\2$B3:21,6. It doesn't work.

the $ is the delimiter between the station number and the memory type. This is the way of doing it for the slc 500 and micrologix series. I have a slc 5/03 that's already hooked up to the program but then after I download the program in the hmi and try on a bit, it doesn't turn on in the program itself. So I did a new program with just those bits and another set of bit for the output and it didn't turn on also. So I know it's just the stuff I did on the Programming for the screen. I'm not sure if the tag name has anything to do with it. It's like @i:6.10,0 and my address reference for it is abdh\2$b3:20,0.

Now my question is, how do I get it to work with the program. any help would be appreciated.

If your communication settings are correct try this. Change abdh\2$B3:21,6 to this abdh\2$B3,342.

Did you configure the ABDH driver in the Interact Application Manager - particularly the COM Port and PLC Stations tabs? Similar question about the SLC-5/03 Channel 0 settings.

As for the tag name, I have never called tags by names like that. However, you can reference the input points without a tag. For example, you could read I:4/0 by using ABDH\2$I:4,0 in Interact.