Terminal Blocks for SS outputs

Brijm

Lifetime Supporting Member
Ran into another situtations, where I forgot to include resistors on a opto22 solid state output driving the input of a Moeller smart relay. The impedance of the inputs was too high, and there was not enough current draw, to completly turn on the output.... I had 120V on the input, but it did not register on the pico-plc.

So I was thinking.... Does anyone make terminal blocks, either that have leakage current resistors built in, or a termianl block, with a status light to draw the leakage current, and add a current draw, when the output is on. Either one would probably require neutral wire. I've never seen these, but think they would be useful when using solid state outputs, driving an electronic load.

Anyone know of a product like this.... I'm looking for something, that costs less than relays, and would be more neat looking, then resistors.

-MUR

Weidmuller has several terminal blocks with electronic elements. A diode or clamp might draw enough current and provide protection as well. They have some w/ 24 V LED that should be draw enough and give you a status light as well (but cost ~$7). You should check the relay's data sheet to be sure. My local rep has provided a sample gratis fairly quickly, to test before ordering.