Data Links in RSLogix 5000 Ver.16

Automation1

If you define a data link for a drive that is type Dint, do you have to leave the next open field undefined? Is each data link field only a word?

Thanks in advance.

Which drive and which network are you using ? And which versino of RSLogix 5000 (v16 has significant changes in this regard).

Ordinary DataLinks for 16-bit drives (1336+, PF70, etc) have two 16-bit words (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2) per DataLink so you can transfer two parameters per enabled DataLink.

When you use a 32-bit drive like the 700VC or 700S, you only get the choice of A, B, C, D. You don't have to leave any spaces or skip any DataLinks.

V16.03.00 (CPR 9)

I am setting up the following drives on a ControlNet network:
1336E Impact
1336 Plus
PowerFlex 700 Vector

If we look at the PowerFlex 700 and I set up DataLink A. DataLink A has two fields in which I can define parameters. What if the two fields I define are type Dint for just DataLink A?

Thank you.

I might have to eat my words on that one.... I haven't used 32-bit DataLinks in a while. I'm going to do a little research.

Ignore my previous statements, because they are incorrect.

Here's the sanity check: Knowbase Answer ID # 24072.

On a PowerFlex 700 Vector Control drive, a DataLink is 8 bytes: 2 x 32-bit parameters.

So fill in both DataLink A1 and A2 (and B1,B2,C1,C2,D1,D2) with parameter numbers in each one. The I/O connection will be properly sized to fit the 32-bit DataLinks.