SNMP to OPC i can do But OPC to SNMP ?

Looking at the Matrikon and Kepware SNMP offers they are able to read SNMP from switches and servers etc. into OPC but are any of these products (or others for that matter) able to build a MIB or push values out to SNMP for the IT crowd to look at ?

We're working on one due to be finished soon. What kind of timeline do you have on your project?

Functionally, the product will serve up SNMP, provide an MIB file, etc on one side; and use a built-in OPC client to talk to OPC Servers out there. Voilla, OPC data in NMS and similar IT applications.

For more info, see the MatrikonOPC SNMP Agent for OPC, or give me a shout.

Writing to an SNMP object depends upon the object first and secondly upon the community. the community the object is in dictates whether memebers can have read/write access to writable objects. The Mib for the device will let you know of the OID is writeable.

Kepware's SNMP server allows all of this. And incidentally Kepware owns the patent for using SNMP in the industrial space.

Hi Tragically1969,

We want to get data of SNMP enabled CCTV camera into wonderware, we are using Top Server to get the data. When we are mapping printer to TOP Server, we are able to fetch all information of it in OPC client.
Need help on how the traps will be generated and how to get it in TOP Server.
Also it will be helpful if you can share ur project details.....

Regards,
Parag Mangale.

Not sure why you are asking me specifically, is it because you did a search on SNMP and this thread cam up ?

I dont know wnaything about Wonderware or what TOP Server even is so i can help sorry.....

All i can say is that if your Wonderware or TOP Server can read SNMP then get the MIB file from the CCTV camera manufacturer, this is your starting point and will show you all the SNMP data that is available, including any traps.

Hi,

Right now I am checking with the following setup.

Windows XP or Server 2003 OS as Trap provider. Also if you can help me on how to configure an OS to generate SNMP traps, that will be helpful.
And another System with Server 2003 OS with TrapReceiver installed on it.

Regards,
Parag Mangale