cable diagram plc to pc

I have used this configuration successfully when programming the Mits FX2N, and FX3U PLC.

Mits_PC_to_PLC_Cable.JPG

Don't know how you managed to get that to work as the port on the FX2N is 422?
You will need to convert your pc 232 interface to 422 i.e. buy an SC09 lead that has the converter built in.
This was shown at mrplc, however I would be very worried about damaging the comm ports & not sure if the signal levls may cause some corruption (could be a bit dangerous on a plc that is in run mode.

Last edited:
parky said:
Don't know how you managed to get that to work as the port on the FX2N is 422?

This set-up works well. No need for an SC09 Cable. Plugs directly into PC Comm port or USB to RS-232 Converter. I am using GX Developer 8.28. This cable also workes well with FX-Win Mits programming software. I have programmed many Mits FX PLC's and monitored the program in "Run" mode making changes with on-line editing.

No conversion necessary for connecting to PLC. I start up GX Developer and can Read and Write to and from the PLC.

I found this diagram on this site doing a search.

I used the Apple Printer cable, 8-Pin Mini din to 8-Pin Mini din. Cut off one end and purchase a Female 9-Pin D-Shell with hood. Make sure the wires are configured as shown.

I use a laptop with RS-232 port to troubleshoot 422. Note the cable shown connects to the Negative of each pair. Connecting to the positive will not work.
The RXD+ and TXD+ lines default to zero
Regards
Roy