Problem installing SSD configEd lite

controlled

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to install ConfigEd lite for SSD Drives.
I am using a Dell lattitude D830 with XP pro SP 2.
I install the CD, and it asks me to verify that I want to extract the files and install. I click OK. and it extracts 100% of files, but then does nothing.

Is anyone familiar with this software, and would have experienced the same thing?

Derek

controlled said:
I am trying to install ConfigEd lite for SSD Drives.
I am using a Dell lattitude D830 with XP pro SP 2.
I install the CD, and it asks me to verify that I want to extract the files and install. I click OK. and it extracts 100% of files, but then does nothing.

Is anyone familiar with this software, and would have experienced the same thing?

Derek
If this isn't an auto installer package, you may need to find out where (location/folder/etc) the files are getting extracted to, navigate to the folder when the extraction is done and look for a setup.exe file

Last edited:
504bloke said:
You would be better downloading DSELite.

http://www.ssddrives.com/usa/software/DSELite_Install.exe

Im pretty sure DSELite now supports all drives.

CEDLite has an install help here

http://www.ssddrives.com/usa/software/CELite+%20Install%20Notes.hlp

Is there a particular reason you want CEDLite because as far as i know it is no longer being updated due to DSELite?

Thanks for the link Dave, DSElite installed perfectly.
I only have 2 SSD drives installed, and have only had to use the software once, which was CElite. I wasnt aware of DSElite. As far as just uploading the current configuration, and downloading to a new drive, are the steps involved the same as using CElite?

controlled said:
Thanks for the link Dave, DSElite installed perfectly.
I only have 2 SSD drives installed, and have only had to use the software once, which was CElite. I wasnt aware of DSElite. As far as just uploading the current configuration, and downloading to a new drive, are the steps involved the same as using CElite?

Depends which drive and how you connect ?

Im guessing the rs232 ssd cable and 690,650v or 590 ?

I havent got DSELite installed as it didnt play nicely with DSEFull on my home pc and havent used it for a while so cant answer till tomorrow, but from memory its pretty much the same, dselite is more windows orientated though and nicer than cedlite.

Drop down command menu and options are extract, full install and install.

For serial comms setup go to View > Properties > Global Settings > Serial Comms port

One thing thats far better than cedlite is the auto baud when on serial comms.

Use Shift+PgUp or PgDn to scroll through the drives different setup pages.

If you have an existing cedlite app you can import it into dselite and then save as a dselite app.

Last edited: