RSLinx Enterprise "Failed to find topology node..."

Krilun

Good Morning,

Background: I wrote a project (logic in RSLogic 5000 v15, and HMI in FactoryTalk View Studio ME v5) on an old laptop. I brought the entire project over to a new laptop and the logic is working fine.

Problem: FactoryTalk View studio opens the project and then says "RSLinx Enterpirse Internal Error... Failed to find topology node..."

Steps Taken: I found the error in Rockwell's KnowledgeBase but there solution moving the defaulttemplate.xml and renaming it didn't do anything. I have tried to completely unistall everything FactoryTalk, and Rockwell, and then re-install... no change. I have rolled up everything to the newest patches and spent countless hours with Tech Support, and all they've made me do is roll back to XP SP2. RSlinx Enterprise is v2.54 and even I open FactoryTalk Administration Console, I get the error message. I can't send the HMI code to the PV 1000 + until the error message goes away.

Possible Solutions: ?? Anything will help