Citect Savedbf File

mjm

Does anyone have a copy of safedbf that will work with microsoft 2007..

I am trying work with my variable.dbf file, but I get when I try to save my changes wtih save.dbf I get:

"Opening the VBA project in this file requires a component that is not currently installed. This file will be opened without the VBA project. For more information, search Microsoft Office Online for "VBA converters." This issue occurs because Excel 2007 does not directly support the conversion of macros that are written by using Excel 5.0/95 VBA. The VBA Converter Pack is not included as part of the 2007 Microsoft Office suites."

Please help...

Another option is to use OpenOffice. So far I haven't seen column widths been messed up after using OpenOffice to edit dbf files from Citect. Beware: I have used this method only a few times so far.

I have also used DBFViewer 1.0, a freeware DBF viewer and editor, which can be downloaded here . This program I have used many times, always without any problem.

Kind regards,

I think tragically1969 is probably going to send the project DBF add-in for excel.
This will be bundled with version 7.10 when it is officially released (again) tomorrow.

andrewf said:
I think tragically1969 is probably going to send the project DBF add-in for excel.
This will be bundled with version 7.10 when it is officially released (again) tomorrow.

You got it in one, makes life a lot easier.

tragically1969 said:
You got it in one, makes life a lot easier.
I thought i would just mention the V7.10 bundle for future refrence for people, might save you getting swampped with requests. :)

I have V7.1 beta running on several sites and it runs very well. Got all excited when the users list announced it had been officially released with a link. Madly downloaded 850 meg only to have another announcement the next day that it was not released and would be a few more days. At least it is very close. By the way, the beta was obtained to run on Vista and it really works well so far.

I use Omron by choice and have and do use Ethenet for SCADA only not peer to peer - do not trust it and probably never will - Omron Controller Link for peer to peer - drill into the Controller Link network from the Ethernet to extract all the info for the SCADA. Also use an Omron Controller Link PCI card in some PCs for the SCADA as well.

There is a driver availabler from South Africa for Siemens and Citect - I think Citect actually sell it these days.

Do not know about TI though - are they still around?