Siemens S7 CPU 314 IFM

Mike R

Dont know if anyone can help,

We have the stated processor and all of the LED's on the front are flashing, but in a particular order, as follows:

All Off,

Then Batt F on for 1 second

Then All on for 1 second

Then All off except DC5V & Stop

Then All off.

We have tried replacing the processor, but the new one does the same thing and we cant even connect to it now, either through the Profibus network or directly via the laptop.

From the Simatic Step 7 software, we can get the station hardware config up, and it seems the only thing in there is this processor. Everything else is gone.

Nobody here is particularly good at Siemens S7, we are more AB trained.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

If there is a memory card in the CPU, remove it. Install only the CPU and the power supply. Make two consecutive memory resets. Then try to read out the message buffer via Step 7. Perhaps you find something that helps.

Good luck!!

All sorted,

It was the 24V power supply, running low at 18V. Changed that out and away we went.

Even Siemens couldn't tell us that!!!

Anyway, cheers for your help.