Connect PC directly to PanelView1000C DH485??

tearhole

I have a 2711-T10C3 series E and I am experiencing a problem. I do not know the Panelviews very well.
I have a back-up unit that I need to connect with to download a program. It has an existing program and I believe that the rs-232 port has been configured for a printer because I can't get in. I tried a regular straight-through cable and a null-modem cable, neither one worked. I'm not sure that I was using the right driver either. It's been a week since I last tried and I don't remember exactly which driver I was using. I need to get into the configuration of the HMI to turn off the printer option but since I can't connect I'm stuck. I tried pressing the cell in the lower right corner but since there is a program already installed that particular screen does not stay loaded up long enough to get into the configuration menu. It proceeds to a "welcome" screen set up in the existing program after about 2 seconds so that won't work either. Is there some way to "clear" the memory in this thing that will allow me to connect to it with a PC? Sorry if I'm missing the boat but like I said I don't know much about these and haven't been able to get time to read through the manual as much as I'd like. I'll continue to work on this in the meantime. Thanks to all who offer help or advice.

tearhole said:
I have a 2711-T10C3 series E and I am experiencing a problem. I do not know the Panelviews very well.
I have a back-up unit that I need to connect with to download a program. It has an existing program and I believe that the rs-232 port has been configured for a printer because I can't get in. I tried a regular straight-through cable and a null-modem cable, neither one worked. I'm not sure that I was using the right driver either. It's been a week since I last tried and I don't remember exactly which driver I was using. I need to get into the configuration of the HMI to turn off the printer option but since I can't connect I'm stuck. I tried pressing the cell in the lower right corner but since there is a program already installed that particular screen does not stay loaded up long enough to get into the configuration menu. It proceeds to a "welcome" screen set up in the existing program after about 2 seconds so that won't work either. Is there some way to "clear" the memory in this thing that will allow me to connect to it with a PC? Sorry if I'm missing the boat but like I said I don't know much about these and haven't been able to get time to read through the manual as much as I'd like. I'll continue to work on this in the meantime. Thanks to all who offer help or advice.
When the PV is booting up, press the "Left" "Right" arrow keys at the same time and hold.
The PV should switch to the Config mode and the Config page will be displayed.
EDIT: sorry just realized it is a touch terminal.
While booting up look for a White Square appearing on the screen (Lower Left coner I believe).
Touch and it will take you to Config mode.

DF1 is the proper driver for the RS232 printer/AUX port. Straight-Thru cable.
Keep trying the "White square thing" it will work. (Lower right hand corner)See PDF below

A memory card is another way to load a new program.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the DH-485 PanelViews do not allow upload/download via the printer port like the other PanelViews. You will have to use a PIC or UIC or memory card to do the transfer. And since the DH-485 port gets 24 vdc power from the controller (like a SLC 5/03) or from an AIC or AIC+ with external 24 vdc power applied, you will either have to connect the PV to your 485 network or use a 1747-NP1 wall-mount power supply to power your 485 network so you can communicate with the PIC or UIC.

mgvol said:
Unfortunately, the DH-485 PanelViews do not allow upload/download via the printer port like the other PanelViews. You will have to use a PIC or UIC or memory card to do the transfer. And since the DH-485 port gets 24 vdc power from the controller (like a SLC 5/03) or from an AIC or AIC+ with external 24 vdc power applied, you will either have to connect the PV to your 485 network or use a 1747-NP1 wall-mount power supply to power your 485 network so you can communicate with the PIC or UIC.

Yup, Sorry for the misinformation in my post. I should look below posting.