ML1100 Ethernet problem

timbo_uk

Hi All,

Just setting up for a new project.

Set ip address and subnet (192.168.0.1 / 255.255.255.0) on ML1100
Set ip address and subnet (192.168.0.2 / 255.255.255.0) on Magelis HMI.
Set ip address and subnet (192.168.0.3 / 255.255.255.0) on Laptop

Everything pings ok

Set new rs logix 500 project to use Ethernet, rs linx sees the IP address ok, but shows it as an unrecognised device and online name of 1763-L16BBB/7.00.

I cannot upload or go online.

RS logix version V7.00.00 build 19
RS Linx Classic Lite version 2.50.00.20

Any ideas please?

Last edited:
Load the correct EDS File.

You can download it ab website.
If you can upgrade the Rslinx version to >2.50 it will solve the problem

Your versions of RSLogix 500 and RSLinx Classic will support the MicroLogix 1100 Series A controllers up to about Version 4 of the firmware (a little over 2 years old).

When you install the EDS file, you'll be able to browse and download to the newer MicroLogix 1100 controller you have.

You will not, of course, be able to use the newer features added after Firmware revision 4, but you will be able to download and run your existing functionality programs.

Load the correct EDS File.

You can download it ab website.
If you can upgrade the Rslinx version to >2.50 it will solve the problem

I have downloaded and installed version 2.50.00.20 CPR7. But I still get the same problem. I looked on the AB/Rockwell website for EDS files and could not find any for the ML1100 either.

Also when I upgraded it gave me the option during the uninstall of the old version to save all the comms settings. These were saved as *.RSX file, but I cannot find anywhere to load them back in. How do I do that, can anyone suggest anything?

Cheers everyone so far.

Why not upgrade to the latest ver 2.54?

To restore see below

Programs > Rockwell Software > RSLinx > RSLinx Classic Backup Restore Utility

backupRestoreUtility.jpg Backup_Restore.jpg

I have downloaded and installed version 2.50.00.20 CPR7. But I still get the same problem. I looked on the AB/Rockwell website for EDS files and could not find any for the ML1100 either.

Also when I upgraded it gave me the option during the uninstall of the old version to save all the comms settings. These were saved as *.RSX file, but I cannot find anywhere to load them back in. How do I do that, can anyone suggest anything?

Cheers everyone so far.

OK, I found that one (I dont really use rslinx from start menu!)so for anyone searcing the forum for the answer its: Start, Programs, Rockwell Software, RSLinx, RSLinx Backup Restore Utility.

OK, Rockwell dont want you to find the EDS files for an ML1100!

Its listed as a communications adaptor, and also searching for 1763 in product code lists nothing! Found it by searching through all Ethernet/IP files!

I have installed the EDS file and can now see a real ML1100 in RS Linx!

Why not upgrade to the latest ver 2.54?

To restore see below

Programs > Rockwell Software > RSLinx > RSLinx Classic Backup Restore Utility

Cheers for the pointers Mickey, I found it as you were posting!

I did not see 2.54 available when I downloaded the updates.

I have also downloaded from them an update to RS Logix 500 (File is 500SSP.ZIP) but I am concerned about our activation etc, could I affect my existing install?

Basically I emailed Rockwell support a while ago asking about updates to RSLinx and RSLogix; all I got back was I needed a support contract for £350 to be able to do it!!!

Yes you do need a tech connect to get the latest RSLogix500.
You can get RSLinx lite for free though.

I just downloaded the latest ver of RSLinx,RsLogix5,RSLogix500 and the old master disk activation still works. Although they do flag you about Factory Talk.

See below for latest versions of software.

http://www.software.rockwell.com/corporate/revs/