Communication between siemens 317 2pn/dp and cp343 over tcp

bara_hence

Anyone got a working example??

What I want to do is simple but I find it hard to get it working..

I have a new CPU with a ethernet port built in and ive got a older one with a cp343-1 lean module. I want to have communication between these two over tcp.. I also want some communication between some more newer cpus with built in ports but this is already working..

Hej,
I have used Multicast with UDT. Only one send/PLC is needed where PLC sends one massage for all other (4) plc's. There are identical DB in every PLC 40 bytes for each, 5*40=200 bytes. If some PLC don't need information from some PLC, it not need AG_RECV function for that. So, one send/PLC and max 4 receive/PLC, 5 altogether.
This is not work with PN-type PLC's, they don't support multicasting. So I don't have time 'play' with PN-type PLC's.

Hi
I had the same problem last week. You cant just simply configure communication in NetPro using TCP when you have PN. You have to use in NetPro S7_connection, and in program use function GET. It is easy and is working. Remember that you need to take from library function GET for S7300 (for S7400 is different).
Regards

As Rafal but more philosophise..
In 400 they are SFB14 GET and SFB15 PUT. They works well but GET is 'slowlyer' than direct send. PUT/GET needs S7_connection only and only for 'master' PLC, slave needs nothing. If you put PUT function to both side, you need active S7_connection for both side. PUT (write) is faster than GET (fetch) for one-way trafic.