S7-200 Timing Time bit output??

Scott-bc

How can I in the Step7 program use a TON function block and use a TT bit. Basically when I have a timer input bit go high, I want to have a timer output bit Q stay on for say 30 seconds then turn off. In tis case have a preset time of 30 second. When the input to the timer goes low then high again the TT output will repeat and stay on for another 30 seconds. I see that the S7 TON fb only uses a delay for the on state.

I beleieve Control Logiix 5000 has this ability.

Solution to this?

I beleieve Control Logiix 5000 has this ability.
The Logix5000 platform costs a lot more than the S7-200 platform too. Features need to be paid for. You'll have to construct this signal by using a TON and an SR-flipflop, this is a fairly basic task.

Kind regards,