Communicating with Omron Sysmac C20

Rob S.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving Holiday.
I am getting ready to purchase a used machine. This machine was
built in 1990. It has a Omron Sysmac C20 PLC ,and I have a few
questions:

Is the software still available ?
Have you seen any pinout's for
communication cables ?

I searched for "Omron Sysmac C20 PLC" there were few threads,
but were a few years old.If I can get the program off of it,
I would like to change out the plc.

Thanks in advance,

Yes the C20 can use Syswin. I just tried to open a new project in CXProgrammer, it does not have the C20 as an option.

You need an interface box that snaps onto the front of the CPU to communicate with it. I can't recall the name of it right now.

Try Omron tech support. I don't know which office would be near you.

Options for software would be Syswin or LSS. Both have been discontinued for some time.

The "interface box" mentioned above is a Host Link Unit.
Correct part number for your application is 3G2C7-LK201.

Best bet would be ebay.

You could always go with a hand held programmer.
Part Number 3G2A6-PRO15-E.

Good Luck.