Anyone with PLC 2 programing terminal experience ?

darkesha

Well we can not get the keyboard on damn thing to work anymore. Now the computer won't pass the POST screen and it gives us a keyboard failure error, press f1 to continue. Did anyone have these kind of problems and what they have done ?
I am not sure what interface the keyboard uses, but it doesnt look like its PS2. I opened the controller and cant really get to the inside plug but I see its metal one, and it is not round. Wire count is the same and color code is same in 2 wires (Brown, Black) and 2 are different (Pink and Green vs. Red and Gray). When I connect Pink to Red and Green to Gray I get the same error.
I would like to connect this thing one more last time in order to cross refference the current running program to the prints that are 10 years old. Then we will do the swap.
I am afraid of commissioning just going of old program, since god knows what had been changed.
Thanks for always usefull help.

This looks like excactly what I need now at this moment. I am wondering if anyone have any experience with this company or knows anyone who does ?
I am afraid of being scammed. And even worse if the machine does not run after I connect this software to PLC , then I will not have any chance to research other possibilities. However we had to do one PLC2 commisioning and it went by really fine. The other one (last PLC2, thanks god) I dont even have full prints for all programming ladder. Not sure how this will turn out.

We have discussed this software a few times. Run a search for the threads. Also poster ssommers has a brief review of the software on the mrplc forum. Ssommers also purchased the software for the same reasons - to check for unknown changes prior to an upgrade.

The drawback you might encounter is that the file format is different - so you will have to upload from the PLC and then create and import the comments. Still, it beats the hell out of having a broken terminal.

Last edited:
Many, many thanks, or mucho gracias, or hvala mnogo, this will most likely save me at least one night of commisioning and downtime.
As long as the CD comes sooner then the machine breaks down.

Darkesa

I used to have one of these lying around my shop and also a plc 2 processor that we upgraded a machine from the plc 2 to the plc 5. It was a plc 2 mini to be exact and we simply removed the mini power supply on the side and replaced the processor and used a plc 5 slot type power supply. It was in good working condition as we used it to extract the program and convert to plc 5. Pm me if you wish I will check to see if we still have it if you might want to purchase it