Fix32 7.0 Sim driver counters

DoomQuaker

Hi,

I'm using the internal counter "C:UAA" on the SIM driver to check for any unacknowledged alarms in area "A". My question is: does it exist a similar counter, only with the difference being that it checks for alarms that are ACTIVE and unacknowledged?

Thank you,
M

Thank you for the PDF.

So it seems that there is no counter for unacknowledged and still active alarms. Too bad, since the counter is used to signal important alarms all day, year round to the technichians. It would be perfect to filter out alarms that "solve themselves" after a short time to minimize the need for the technichians to drive to the Fix station only to find the alarms merely needing an acknowledgement. But that doesn't seem to be possible...

Once again, thank you for the help,
M

That might be something that the controller(s)(PLC's) that FIX is connected to can generate. Then just have FIX poll that value.

Thank you for the answer.

I would think that doing this would result in too much work, since there are just too many plcs, all of different kinds, to deal with.

Since there seems to be no way to check for active alarms, I can't see any easy solutions to the problem...

DoomQuaker said:
Thank you for the answer.

I would think that doing this would result in too much work, since there are just too many plcs, all of different kinds, to deal with.

Since there seems to be no way to check for active alarms, I can't see any easy solutions to the problem...

Its never easy. Job security.
I would love to see Sweden.