Resetting Error Omron CPM1A

mdeltat

I've never connected this laptop to the PLC before. Can someone give me a step by step for connecting to an OMRON CPM1A using a CQM1-CIF02 cable and SysWin 3.4 demo version. And then how to check the error codes (the unit has a fatal error, the error light is on solid) and reset the errors. Thank You.

gtsuport said:
Project/Project Setup - set plc type information.

Online/Connect - when connected.
Online/Error Log

Should get you started.
online/connect gives me popup "no response from PLC" anything i should try/

Could be several things.

Serial port could be in use by another program.

Wrong serial port specified.
Check in Project/Communications.
Comm settings default 9600,7,E,2

Do you have a "real" serial port or are you using a USB-Serial converter?

Communication method needs to be correct.
Default would be Sysmac-Way (aka Host Link), Serial Comm, Direct, Set in Project/Project Setup.

Hope this will help.

yes this should help. Thank you. As far as communication method goes, how do I know which is correct. I dont have the project on disc. I will need to get it from the processor once I establish communication.

Depending on the version you should be able to
to open CX-P, click the PLC pull down, and use the
Auto Online. This should get you connected.

Once connected, in the project workspace on the left of the screen, there should be an Error Log option. Click that and a screen should come up with tabs for Error Log, etc.
There should be a Clear Error Log button to clear errors.

Hope this will help.

Well it looks as though the internal 5v power supply is gone. So I'll probably replace with an AB solution. Any suggestions? Also, I'll post a seperate thread. Thanks for the coaching!