supply sinamics s120 from single phase

Amr Hassan

hi , i am trying to have demo unit for sinamics s 120
i have only single phase supply .i need a phase convertor for that . can u recommend one?

yes, you can use single phase supply. S120 demo cases from our siemens guys are all running on single phase, they just use 500W transformer (get's warm) to bump voltage from 120 to 240VAC. but this of course is just enough to power demo with it's small motors. bigger load requires more juice...

dear panic mode

but this will be single phase.

do u have the components of the sinamics s120 trainning case ?

can u send it to me

yes it is single phase, it still gets rectified same way, only the DC bus just gets a bit more ripple. it is a demo case spinning two lightweight plastic discs, not real application of some continuous duty high dinamic servo.

i used to have pictures, manual and circuit diagram of the thing, not sure where did it go. i'll check later on my other machine.

the demo units have:

1x CU320 with basic CF
1x line module (smallest one in 50mm width)
1x dual axis motor module
1x motor with encoder (and DriveCliq interface)
1x motor with resolver (no drive cliq)
1x SMC module (for motor without DriveCliq)
small (too small) transformer
additional I/O (TB31 if I remember)
control unit

remote control unit was in small plastic box with some swithces, LEDs and LCD display (the manual also had schematic)

Last edited: