Danfoss FC302 DATA-LOGGING

recycled_mind

Hello everyone,

I have just finished installing two units of 30KW Danfoss FC302 VFD for chain conveyor applications. Now, my client wants to log all the errors, faults, and alarms of the VFD, specifying the time and date of each errors, fault and alarms.

Can anyone suggest of a cost effective way on how to make the history logging of the drive? I'm planning to have an S7-300 PLC system with WinCC Runtime for PC based logging.

Hope somebody can suggest...

Some newer drives now have real time clocks. That allows a time stamp for faults and alarms in the fault log. Some even take a snapshot of the main drive conditions at the time of fault to assist in troubleshooting.

I don't know if the DanFoss drive has those features.

Hi there
You need to study the PKW,PZD area of this drive w.r.t PPO type.
Here you will receive status of the drive like fault mode or warning mode.
You receive the status word at first word of PZD.And by reading a particular bit of the the status word you can learn whether drive is in Fault mode or in warning mode.Which bit of the status word corresponds to fault, warning etc you need to refer the manual of the drive.
If drive stores the alarm Number in a particular parameter, then by linking that parameter to different words of the PZD you will be able to display exact alarm number too.

For displaying time you can use RTC of the PLC.

I danfoss PZD is refered as PCD.
All this assuming you are using profibus to communicate with the drive.

DickDV said:
Some newer drives now have real time clocks. That allows a time stamp for faults and alarms in the fault log. Some even take a snapshot of the main drive conditions at the time of fault to assist in troubleshooting.

I don't know if the DanFoss drive has those features.

Danfoss Drives have this feature but for the other models which is for HVAC and WATER applications. Danfoss FC302 does not have real-time clocks and is not expandable to have realtime clock modules.

Thanks