Duplicating HMI Projects in WinCC Flex

allannichols

Hi,

I have a HMI MP277 which is currently installed in the customers factory. The customer would like another HMI exactly the same as the first i.e. duplicate running in another area of the factory.

I have Step 7 V5.4 and WinCC Flex 2008 Integrated. Is it possible to duplicate a HMI project easily so both HMI projects sit under the Simatic Manager Project Tree with the PLC.

I am hoping I can just duplicate the project and then change the MPI address for the new HMI.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Allan.

In Simatic Manager, select the very root of the "project tree" in the left side of the screen.
In the right side of the screen, you will then see all that "Stations" and networks of the project.
In this right side view, select the HMI you want to copy and do the CTRL-C + CTRL-V.
Then open the HW Config of the new HMI station and sets its MPI address.
Open the HMI station in WinCC Flex, check the online connection to the CPU, and do a compile all.
Finished.

You can duplicate and rename it. Change MP-panel's Connection MPI address in WinCC flex and also in Transfer properties. Ps. Use every second addresses.