OP27, Battery

orense

Hello,

Does anybody know what happens if I get the system message on an OP27 that backup battery is almost dead?

- If the 24 V disappears after the battery is dead, what happens?

- Will the total configuration be lost, or only the message and event buffers?

Thanks everybody :)

Andreas

Hi Andreas

The manual says the following:
The backup battery ensures that, in the event of a power failure
 the operating data in the SRAM of the OP are retained and
 the hardware clock does not stop.

A lithium battery is used in the OP. It is already fitted when the device is supplied. It has a typical service life under normal operating conditions of approximately four years. An exhausted battery is indicated in routine operation by a
system message on the OP. Replace the backup battery as quickly as possible after the message is issued.

It does not say whether your configuration is in SRAM or not, buts the phrase "Replace the backup battery as quickly as possible after the message is issued" makes me think it very well could be.

You can download the manual via http://support.automation.siemens.com search for op27.