Car Park Barriers

Markjstacey

Hi all, wondering if any1 could help me design a program. I have been asked to create a program for an entrance to a car park with an entry barrier and an exit barrier im doing it on an allen bradley plc using rs logix 500.
A control system is required for a fee paying car park with six spaces.When the driver puts in £1 the barrier (pneumatically controlled)rises for 6 seconds. The exit barrier opens automatically for 6 seconds when a car approaches and activates a pressure mat. i also need a counter that allows 6 cars into the car park then displays a full light and another light activated when there is spaces. pleeeeeeeease help me

Post what you have on this homework assignment, and ask specific questions. People aren't just going to want to do your homework for you.

Start by defining your inputs and outputs, and then go from there. Set up the first sequence. Tell us what you have already.

Car parking is a homework assignment that comes up frequently. You're not being picked on, we routinely don't do homework because someday you are going to be our co-worker and we want you to be competent. If we do it for you then you don't learn anything. We all have had coworkers where we felt we had to do our job and their job too. But if we help you help yourself then you learn something, and hopefully you will then develop the mentality that makes you competent instead of one of the a fore mentioned coworkers.

Show us a start on your program. How are you going to time the gates? How are you going to count the cars? Then we'll help you refine your work.