SLC 5/05 Pass Through to 485 PV

Bob8417

I have a problem with passing a PanelView program through the Ethernet port of a SLC 5/05 to a 485 PV. Here is the kicker, I had the Pass Through working a couple of weeks ago and did a couple of downloads to the PV. But now I can only upload the PV program using the pass through. I tried to do an immediate download of the upload but it keeps choking at the verify terminal compatibilty. I spent several hours tweeking my pass through setup but it seems fine.

I would try and use compact flash to transfer the PV program but I can't find a local store that has an old CF and pcmcia adapter on the shelf. I can mail order a flash card but I sort of need it now, as usual.

Any gurus out there have any ideas?

Bob

Why is it now working??

Update...I tried another upload/download to the PV today using pass through and it work right off, in fact I've make several downloads today without any problems. I didn't make any changes to my applications or setups between failure and success. I'm happy it worked but I don't like not knowing why!

Perhaps because you restarted your computer. I've never figured out why but my RSlinx KT driver NEVER works if my computer has been running for awhile. A restart fixes it.