Siemens S7

wglespaul

FAO: Steve Etter

I am working for a pharmaceutical company, so I do have access to the plant and also the technicians. They have been on basic Siemens training courses, (which I havent) so this manual will enchance, reaffirm their knowledge etc. I will take your advice and speak to them. The idea of me being a beginner and a student is that as I am going along learning it should be easier for me to see what is needed in such a document.
thanks
Tom

Tom,

A fresh set of eyes can definitely be a plus.

By working with your technicians right up front you will find that they will eagerly embrase what you are having to accomplish and give you a lot of good help. I have seen many instances where the "office" develops something for the guys in the trenches but never includes these guys in its development. Technicians typically have a real problem with that (and rightly so).

Since it appears you are in a real-world learning position (everyone at this site will agree that real-world is ONLY way to do it well), give yourself the advantage and call on your resources to help you. If the guys in your plant are like all the ones I have worked with (well, almost all...seems there was one guy who....well, never mind), not only will these guys give you insights you would never get otherwise, they will happily go out of their way to help make your project successful.

I just can't say enough about getting these guys involved.

Steve

Tom,

I recomend you that begin with AWL (STL) and HW manuals.. also I recomend you to find the SW PLCSIM S7 to test your beginners programs to learn by your self, it should be easier form to Improve.

Best Regards

Tony