Beijer H-T40

amigo

I would like to use a touch screen HMI as a modbus Slave to another software/device. Modbus RTU protocol.
So I want to define some word registers in the touch screen so the other software (master) can write to them.

I wanted to evaluate a H-T40, so I downloaded the H-Designer software. Everything is pretty intuative, except the main thing. I can not figure out how to define a few holding registers in this thing so I can have the master remote device/software write to it.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot.

If you set the terminal up as a slave meaning you select modbus master as the controller then the terminal will respond to modbus commands, without you doing anything. Which commands it will respond to and what modbus variables used depends on which modbus master controller you choose in the setup.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, that is correct. I have made the touch screen be the slave by defining the controller as modbus master.
Where can I find the documentation as to which register variables will be used based on master device type?

And Let's say I define controller as Modicon 984 (RTU,Master) and I plan to use modbus function codes 6 and 16, which register variables would I be able to write to in H-T40, and where exactly I define these register variables.
If they are automatically defined, where can I find the list for them?

Thank you.

Hi,

This information is valid for the "normal" Modbus Master-driver (terminal = slave)
The address ranges are pre-defined:
Word devices Wn: 0 - 2047
Bit devices Bn: 0 - 1023

Supported function codes:
Read holding register(s): 03
Write single/several holding register: 06/16
Read coil(s): 01
Write single/several coils: 05/15

Let us know if you need further assistance!

//Supporter

Hello,

I have to make a microcontroller communicate with Beijer H-T40 via ModBus, being the console the slave and the microcontroller the master.

As first test I connected my pc to the console and tried to send a package using DockLight software, just to test the communication. Send a value and display that value in a Numeric Display in the console.

The H-T40 won't respond.

I've tryed the following packages:
[TX] - 01 06 00 59 00 54 58 26
[TX] - 00 06 00 59 00 54 59 F7
(both adresses 01 and 00, dont know wich one is right, function 6, write in register 90 the value 84 (decimal)).

What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance