need help

the slc 500
the program has the CTU for single stroke
everytime i need two use dbl strokes i have to use the plc program to change the counter value
what can i do the change without using pc
thank you

thank you! Mark
just the ON/OFF swicth
plc 1751 from AB (not sure, but this plc replace for the slc 500)
micrologic 500 software

Well there are plenty of options, you just need to understand what is best for you.

Can you us a toggle switch? Yup.
Can you use a 3 position switch? Yup.
Can you put a button on the HMI (if you have one)? Yup.

Ask yourself this question..."What causes me to have to change the counter? What is the trigger?" Is it a certain recipe/batch that is being run? Is it a certain temperature? Is it a certain pH? Why do you have to change it? Please don't say it's because the operator called to tell me too_O...well if that is the answer, ask him why you need to change it.

Once you answer that question, your on your way. Is the "trigger" something that is already input into the PLC? If you have recipe information in your PLC and you know recipe #100 needs the single pulse and everything else needs a double.....well use that to toggle between the two modes. No need for additional hardware! See where I'm going?

thnks Paully
my plan is turn the switch to ON, or 1... to run machine at single strike
then turn the switch to Off, or 2...to run machine at double strokes

thank you

Look up MOV in the help file of RSLogix 500. Read it.

do you understand what the ---| |--- does in the first part of the rung?