to anyone who cud help

sheryl86_ann

Merry Christmas!

Here i am again asking non related to PLC questions ( i could not find any links this matter couldd relate with Q&A).

Anyone out there could refer me a web site that could totally explain the internal design and operation of LPG fired boiler? Boiler is new to me and still researching inputs about this matter. I need to understand how each boiler parts function, its maintenance and how to operate these things.

Thanks!

Regards,

sheryl -philippines

Basic Concept of Boiler Operation (for any type of fuel)
1. Don't let it blow up! The boiler must have a steam pressure indicator and an automatic pressure relief valve. The pressure should never be allowed to go above the maximum designed pressure.
2. Don't let the water level get below the minimum.
3. Make sure there are at least TWO methods of detecting the water level inside the boiler (required by codes), preferably with alarms on each one. One boiler I know of has a backup water level indicatior - a camera looking at a water level sight gage on the side of the boiler.
4. Follow the manufacturer's instructions. Perform routine maintenance and schdule down-time to inspect the tubes, burner, controls, and water treatment facilities.

Last edited:
Thank you.. huhu.. only few responded..anyway, anything you added in this research will surely help..

Maayong Pasko! Maligayang Pagbati ngayong Pasko! Merry Christmas!

What's the main difference when you say a once-through boiler, water tube and fire tube?

Thanks!

Sheryl

Dont know about once thru. Maybe it refers to how many passes of tubes ie water or fire goes thru one set then thru another
- somewhat the same as in a heat exchanger ?? - ie single double triple etc pass?? Two pass heat exhanger also called U tube.

Imagine a cylinder with pipes going thru it. Not totallly accurate but for now,,,,,, The pipes are the tubes.

Water tube has the water in the tubes. I think this is more common design for steam.

Fire tube has the fire in the tubes. I think (THINK) this is a common design for hot water boilers (no steam max temp 200 to 205 F)

Dan Bentler

A once-through boiler means the water only goes through it one time, because there is no condensate (spent steam) collection and return system. The water is heated, turns to steam, pipes out to the use points, does the heating or whatever, condenses to water and is sent to a drain. With a condensate return system, the condensed steam is returned back to the feedwater treatment facilitiy, where it is mixed with water softening chemicals and then re-used.

Once-through boiler: cheaper to install, more expensive to operate
Boiler with condensate return: more expensive to install, but cheaper to operate.

Water tubes are the tubes that hold water in the boiler. They are heated by the burner. A leak in any water tube is a serious problem, usually meaning the boiler must be shut down and repaired. Also, the water tubes can become plugged from scale or rust build-up and then the boiler cannot produce full steam pressure.

Last edited:
Let me try this:
Any body there if you have an steam generation mechanism, internal boiler parts, flowsheet and gas flow of an FBC 60S LPG fired boiler.

I'm not quite sure if other boiler models behave same way if you already had one boiler example yet different model.

Thanks

Sheryl

Dont know about once thru. Maybe it refers to how many passes of tubes ie water or fire goes thru one set then thru another
- somewhat the same as in a heat exchanger ?? - ie single double triple etc pass?? Two pass heat exhanger also called U tube.

Imagine a cylinder with pipes going thru it. Not totallly accurate but for now,,,,,, The pipes are the tubes.

Water tube has the water in the tubes. I think this is more common design for steam.

Fire tube has the fire in the tubes. I think (THINK) this is a common design for hot water boilers (no steam max temp 200 to 205 F)

Dan Bentler

Sir:

Maraming Salamat!