Programming Omron CxxP PLCs

tbroadbent

does anyone have experience programming the CxxP series of controllers from omron? Can I use a 3G2C7-LK201-EV1 host link or do these only work with the CxxK series and force me to use a programming console? I have a couple CxxP controllers, but before I could test the hostlink, my only CxxK controller blew up so I'm hoping someone who's done it or tried it can help.

the c28p i have looks exactly like the c28k with the exception of the name. when it was purchased it had a pro13 console attached to it, so I'm pretty sure its a stand alone controller. the c60p looks virtually the same except, of course, its bigger.

Can I use a 3G2C7-LK201-EV1 host link or do these only work with the CxxK series and force me to use a programming console?

Before there was a CxxK, there was CxxP. The 3G2C7-LK201-EV1 was designed to interface to the CxxP and the CxxK later on. The CxxP expansion units will work with either series. Unfortunately, the current software (CX-Programmer) will not program the CXXP or the CXXK. You will need either Syswin or LSS software.

thanks for the reply. actually we managed to get it working, sort of. had to build a new cable for it, and when we hooked it up, syswin3.4 came back with incompatible PLC for a C28P and C60P