Job Interview Test

dYoast

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone use a test to determine if a job candidate has some actual skills? If so, could you share some example questions?

I need to evaluate an internal employee to determine if he would be a possibility to step into a higher capacity. The test will help eliminate any bias toward that employee or other candidates.

Thanks.

Seen that the person is an internal employee, his/her abilities and commitment should be known.

From a technical point of view, give him/her an appropiate test covering his/her current position, and add the required skills and knowledge required for the new position.

Then, add a few higher level tests, to determine if the candidate has the insight, currently, to progress to the next level.

But from my experience, test conducted in an "stressed" environment does not yield true results. "Hidden" test will always show actual skills and knowledge.

seen that the person is an internal employee, his/her abilities and commitment should be known.

But from my experience, test conducted in an "stressed" environment does not yield true results. "hidden" test will always show actual skills and knowledge.

x2

My thanks for the replies. The thought of searching did not cross my mind, so I apologize to all for that oversight.

But from my experience, test conducted in an "stressed" environment does not yield true results. "Hidden" test will always show actual skills and knowledge.
I agree with this completely. There already is an aptitude test that HR uses for our maintenance department. Just because someone passes this doesn't mean he/she can then adapt that aptitude to actually troubleshooting and fixing machines.