IP56 vs IP65

flyers

Hi guys,

Currently, I've a client looking for external strobe light. The requested rating is IP56. I'd like to ask, is IP65 better than IP56? I'm looking at Werma's product.

Look at the chart (link) previously posted. Is this a hazardous area or just a washdown area where the strobe will be implemented?

Hi guys,

Currently, I've a client looking for external strobe light. The requested rating is IP56. I'd like to ask, is IP65 better than IP56? I'm looking at Werma's product.

The last digit is the important one. X5 is low pressure hose, typical hand held garden type hose in dairies.

X6 is high pressure hoses used in environment such as meat plants

Guys, this is installed at the outdoor area for a semiconductor fab, most the have is fire sprinkle or maybe some jet water for chemical split washout.

Hi guys,

To answer your question, yes and no. Navigate to the following link and you'll see what I mean.

www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/IPNumbers.htm

IP56 is better for strong jets of water, yet IP65 is better protected against dust.