iFix database creation

mwilliamsiei

I am thinking of starting a web site that will have a built in process that will take an export from the IGS driver and convert in into an iFix database import. I would eventually expand into more PLCs and drivers. That portion of the site would be free to use but I would sell things like Dynamos, custom activex files, some common bitmaps (3D pumps, 3D tanks, ect.) and maybe some screen templates. Does this sound like a good idea to anyone?

come on! How may hours have you guys spent building a database for ifix? Wouldn't it be nice to have it generated automaticly from an IGS exprot? Or how about generating one for iFix and the IGS driver from the symbols in a RSLogix 500 csv Export.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Has anyone successfully migrated an older Proficy/ iFix Historian database into a new FactoryTalk Historian server? Trying to eliminate having two...
Replies
Views
I have a client that has iFix 5.8 installed with a Primary and secondary node. They have two terminal servers that they use for their thin...
Replies
Views
I am talking to a Logix 5500 series PLC with ABR driver currently. IFIX Database shows addressing setup like this -...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am a beginner, so please let me know if I am wrong with certain terminology or missing useful information. I am having a...
Replies
Views
I am trying to simply display a PLC string tag value (text) in a VBA control (msgbox or anything...just to get it working). The following code is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom