AB slc 500- simple elevator project

stravinsky

I am currently working on an simple elevator project using an Allen-Bradley SLC500 PLC. I also plan on adding timers for the doors and master timer to have the elevator return to the base floor after a certain period of time. Obviously if I can program it for 2 floors I could add as many floors as I wanted to. I also need to add in light sensor on the doors for safety. If anybody has any sample ladder logic involving elevators or any tips my email is [email protected]. Thanks for your help. :cool:

Dear stravinsky:

Most replys are posted to the board so we call can share in the experience. Asking for personal replys to your direct e-mail goes against the whole purpose of the board which is to share information. Note that you can set up your profile so that your account is sent an e-mail when any reply is made to a topic you have posted to.

While I may be wrong, your request sounds very familiar and sounds like a shool assignment. Don't get me wrong. We love helping students (as we were all there before) but you will get no free lunch here (i.e. no one will send you a super duper elevator ladder logic file ready to hand in).

You might want to start searching this site for previously posted information on elevators (I came up with 29 threads on the subject using the search word "elevator"). I think in europe they are called lifts so you might try to search on that too as this is an international board.

Another place to go is www.thelearningpit.com where you can buy a very inexpensive RSLogix simulator with an elevator simulation (as well a other cool simulations for hours and hours of fun).

You will get the best answers to your queries when you post some specific code to show what you have done and have come to the limit of your experience and knowledge. Then there will be many to help you bridge the gap to the next level.

Welcome to the club and please don't be discouraged by my comments.