Wonderware 9.5 list or control box help

I am trying to create a drop down list using the combo box so that i can assign rslogix plc program step based on selection from drop down list. can anyone help or does anyone know where i can find instructions to do this? I need about 25 items in the drop down. thanks

Last edited:
Here is an example using a listbox, not a dropdown, but its the same, just a different screen item.

U need to populate the list on the window open, with something like

wcLoadList("recipelistbox",ListDir + "\reclist.txt");

read wcloadlist in help

Then, I load off the list with

{-----------------------------------Open File-----------------------------------------}

wcFindItem ("recipelistbox", RecipeSelected, 1, RecipeFind);

IF RecipeFind <> -1 THEN
RecErrorMsg = RecipeLoad(RecipeDir,"EDIT", RecipeSelected);
RecipeGetMessage(RecErrorMsg, errormsg, 131);

ENDIF;

this loads a recipe from a pick list using wcFindItem to located the piced item, and the RecipeLoad to load the recipe.

And here is some code to save the recipe on the list box

{-----------------------------------Save File-----------------------------------------}

wcFindItem ("recipelistbox", RecipeSelected, 1, RecipeFind);

{ If the selected file does not exist then add to list and save. }
IF RecipeFind == -1 AND RecipeSelected <> "" THEN
wcAddItem("recipelistbox", RecipeSelected);
RecErrorMsg = RecipeSave(RecipeDir,"EDIT", RecipeSelected);
RecipeGetMessage(RecErrorMsg, errormsg, 131);
wcSaveList("recipelistbox",ListDir + "\reclist.txt");

Its not the best example, but im super pressed right now and thats as much as I have time to post / edit. Sorry, hope it helps

matt