Programming With SLC 5/03

AB2005

:) Dear Friends;

I have prepared a logic in SLC 5/03 (through RS Logix English) which is installed in our corrugator machine that whenever my machine stops a RTD timer starts and counts the down time hours. AT the end of month, I reset that timer and saves the previous value.
My problem is that when operators switch off the machine due to no job, the PLC also switches off and you know that RTD doen't work with SLC power off state. Can any body direct me to any SLC insturction which would fullfil my requerment or any trick?

Thanks in advance

There is no magic instruction that will work with no power to the PLC. My only suggestion is to feed the PLC from a separate power source that stays on when the operator switches off the machine. All my machines are that way... it is much more safe to have the PLC powered at all times than to cycle power to it often.

Don't deal with 5/03's much, but I believe they have a real time clock. Instead of timer, calculate the downtime based upon elapsed time. The clock should continue to work with power off, so the elapsed time will work through a power outage.

Ken

After posting that qiestion, I thought that why should I not count the running hours of machine. SO, I prepared a simple logic and solved my problem.