PV550 Stacking objects

alphav

Supporting Member
Hello,
I have 8 different numeric values shown on a PV550 in a row as "Numeric Values". From the PLC I want to control the HMI so I can indicate whitch "Numeric Indicator" is selected by showing a box around one of the "Numeric Indicators"

For each of the "Numeric Indicators" I have an "State Indicator" as an underlay. The Idea is to change the Object Foreground to black for the one there is selected, and to white for the other 7. (The "Numeric Indicator" is moved to the front).

The problem is that when I change the Object Foreground on the "State Indicator" the "Numeric Indicator" is not visible anymore.

Any suggestions how to solve that problem?
thanks,
gert

It's been a while but if I remember correctly in the list of the object setup states options there is an option that will change the numeric value from black to white or vise versa depending on the foreground state (you may have to change the background state). The option may be hidden in the list, you have to scroll right to see all the options. There are other ways to do it. I will open up panel builder and play with it.

Thanks for the reply,
I do not think that the object is hidden. After I change the state of the background object, and then change the numeric value of the foreground object, then I can se it. It is not enough just to rewrite the same number, I have to write a different number for the numeric object to be visible.

gert

Doesn't Panelbuilder give you a warning about overlapping objects when you do this? It's been a while since I worked on a standard Panelview, but I don't believe you *can* stack objects and have them work properly.

Try changing your "highlight" object to a rectangle above or below the numeric and see if it functions properly.

Not sure if this is what you are trying to do. Take a look.
Hi Kbpatton,
Sorry for the delay answering you. Yes that is excatly whan I want to do, but I have more than one set. The problem is that when I change the Object Foreground on the "State Indicator" the "Numeric Indicator" is not visible anymore.
gert

Hey, I guess I'm still not sure what you need. On that small app. I posted, if you cycle the state of the indicator behind the numeric indicator from white to black, the numeric indicator is still visible.

Thanks Kbpatton,

I made a small PLC program and added some addresses to the HMI program you forwarded. (see files) When I change the look for the Multi-State Indicator my text value still is not visible
gert

Wrong Files See next Post

Last edited:
Thanks Kbpatton,

I made a small PLC program and added some addresses to the HMI program you forwarded. (see files) When I change the look for the Multi-State Indicator my text value still is not visible
gert

I took a quick look. First, don't forget the "Arrange" option. This is used to bring objects to the front or move them to the back. Second, your PLC program is using N7:3 and N7:4 for the indicators but those addressis are not used in your PV program.