RSlinx Lite and RSLogix 500 FREE Software

alpha_wye

I heard this free version of RSLogix and RSLinx, what is the difference of it from standard version? what are the limitation of this free version?

rslogix 500 starter is fully-featured (not crippleware) but will only program 10-point (6 input, 4 output) micrologix 1000 plc's.

i'm not sure about rslinx lite, i've heard it can be used to program plc's, but won't communicate with hmi's (panelview or similar)

rslogix 500 starter is fully-featured (not crippleware) but will only program 10-point (6 input, 4 output) micrologix 1000 plc's.

i'm not sure about rslinx lite, i've heard it can be used to program plc's, but won't communicate with hmi's (panelview or similar)
That is not entirely correct, the trial version is limmited in features, such as auto adressing.

That is correct. RSLinx Lite can be use to download and upload to PLCs. I believe that all the driver are enabled as well. The DDE/OPC fetures are disabled though. That is why it can not be used to talk to any third pary package or HMI software.

Technically, RSLinx Lite can't download to, upload from, or program anything. It is used to communicate between a PLC and a PC so an RSLogix package can do those functions.

The origional post is now 7 months old and the 10 point starter pack referred to, has been superseded by a version that will program all ML1000, ML1100, I think ML1200, and I am not sure, but I feel it will not do ML1400, or ML1500.

Its available for down load from Rockwells web site.