OT: 9 pin D-type connector

Gummit

A question for the UK guys on here.

Does anyone know of a 9 pin D-type serial connector that comes pre-wired at the connector end and then has say a couple of feet of cable and then is left unterminated.

I know that I can buy a cable that is pre-wired at both ends and cut off one end but I suspect the internal wires would be pretty fine and fragile.

Oh, and before anyone suggests I just make my own, I want it to be moulded if possible.

Cheers
Gummit

A question for the UK guys on here.

Does anyone know of a 9 pin D-type serial connector that comes pre-wired at the connector end and then has say a couple of feet of cable and then is left unterminated.

I know that I can buy a cable that is pre-wired at both ends and cut off one end but I suspect the internal wires would be pretty fine and fragile.

Oh, and before anyone suggests I just make my own, I want it to be moulded if possible.

Cheers
Gummit

And how would you like it wired sir ?

Seriously though you need to really tell us how you want the plug end wired first, is it RS232 PC to PLC, RS485, Null modem etc. etc. ?

RS sell heaps of cheap cables which you could just shop the end off, i cant see any to free ends though.

I usually just by a an extension cable with the desired connectors moulded on and cut one end off. I have found the wires to be small but not unworkable.