Modicon M340 Variable Addressing

Hello,

Considering the M340 as a Modbus slave, and another device attempting to access internal memory of the M340 using the standard holding register format (4xxxx), is there a way to map the internal memory words (%MW) to the holding registers?

For example, if I want to provide %MW200 to the Modbus master when they reference address 40001, how do I do this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello,

Considering the M340 as a Modbus slave, and another device attempting to access internal memory of the M340 using the standard holding register format (4xxxx), is there a way to map the internal memory words (%MW) to the holding registers?

For example, if I want to provide %MW200 to the Modbus master when they reference address 40001, how do I do this?

Thanks in advance.

Assuming your master does not need an offset:

When looking at the PLC from a a master on Modbus register %MW200 would be Modbus address 40200 so 40001 is %MW1 so if you want %MW200 to be at 40001 you would need to use the MOV or other command to move the contents of %MW200 to %MW1