Functionality of Modbus Commands READ_VAR / WRITE_VAR

I'm programming a Modicon M340 with Unity Pro S.

Do the READ_VAR and WRITE_VAR instructions cause the processors execution to pause and wait for a response/timeout, or does the program continue executing while waiting for the response/timeout?

I'm programming a Modicon M340 with Unity Pro S.

Do the READ_VAR and WRITE_VAR instructions cause the processors execution to pause and wait for a response/timeout, or does the program continue executing while waiting for the response/timeout?

The program continues to execute, it couldnt work any other way !!

The READ_VAR looks after itself once initiated, if you need to check it has completed or there is an error\timeout read the management word section on the online help.