Omron hmi screen change

This may help - it is not well documented so I hope it is OK. It does work - it has been working on a job for 5 years now.

The NT HMI has a screen notify area and a screen control area that are set in the TOOLS/PT Configuration/Control/Notify Area using the NTST program. All of the specific addresses for these areas are covered in the Omron NT21/31/631 Ref. manual, V064-E1-2 (download it from the Omron site) in section 2.2 Areas for Control- Notification. There are memory maps of the words and bits and their functions.

Once the control word area (5 words) and notify word area are set in the NT screen program, the PLC will read or write to/from these words to control/monitor the screen. If you are using a different series of NT screen, make sure you have downloaded the correct manual. Omron made some changes to the structure of this area between the NT20/30/630 series and the NT21/31/631 series. I think they even made some changes between versions of the same screen series.

To change a screen, you simply program the PLC to write the screen number into the first word of the control area, and the screen will change.

Bits in another word of the notify area will tell you when a screen change, numeral value change, or string value change happens, and another word will point to the data area number that was changed.

Last edited: