comunication between Labtop and s7 cpu

gh_ounie

Hi every one

I'sorry for littel knowledeg in plc but i'm trying to learn more anyway could ay one pls help me to kow how to make connectino between my labtop and CPUS7 315/2DP what to download programs and monitor the system what knd of cable should i use and RS or some things like this
Many thanks

You need the Siemens USB PC Adapter, or the Siemens CP5512 PCMCIA card.
There are 3rd party suppliers of Ethernet to MPI/DP adapters, and also USB to MPI/DP. Deltalogic has a low-cost USB to MPI adapter that costs approx half of Siemens USB PC adapter.
http://www.deltalogic.de/content/view/48/72/lang,en/
If you can limit your need to MPI at 187.5k, you could go for that one. Since the future is ethernet-ethernet-ethernet, I wouldnt spend too much on a new adapter.
If you have to do a lot of Profibus, the CP5512 could be the best choise because it allows you to check the Profibus network a bit more than the USB or serial adapters. It is also the most expensive though.

Hello
In installation directory of Simatic Manager ( C:\Program Files\Siemens\Documentation\English) you will find manuals how to use this cables....
STEP 7 - Configuring Hardware with STEP 7;
STEP 7 - Programming with STEP 7;
STEP 7 - Working with STEP 7.

regards

A small update:

The Deltalogic adapter costs 244 Euro.
The Siemens USB adapter costs approx 350 Euro.
So, the Deltalogic adapter is cheaper, but it is not exactly half as expensive as I wrote earlier.

Hello Jesper and all,

I am confused... (not surprising) and to others this is continuing a PM that Jesper and I had

What is the conversion from USD to Euro?? I search on the net but I must be wrong...

As my MPI/USB sells for 119 USD, the link that I posted above is the Siemens section, if you look at the bottom of the page (the last cable) that the USB/MPI, I was not talking about the PPI's

So... am I correct.. 119 USD = 88 euros?

Thanks every one and many thanks for JesperMP
just one thing i want to be sure about it does this connect need any further setting in Simatic manager because i have got one USB to MPI adaptor.
Thanks agian and I'm sorry regarding to littel knowledge in PLC .

Hi again gh_ounie.

If this is a Siemens USB Adapter, then there is a setting in Set PG/PC Interface - PC Adapter for the "local connection" to be either COM1 or USB.

HELLO GUYS,
Please be careful about buying old parts from Git's site. the new cpus and adapters have changed. On mpi ports they also support 12Mb communications. I would recommend an ethernet to mpi/profibus comm cable from helmholz.de or vipa.de as these work very well and are not that expensive. It also allows you to connect up direct with a static ip or on a DHCP server network where the server gives the adapter the IP address. Screaming fast.

HELLO GUYS,
Please be careful about buying old parts from Git's site. the new cpus and adapters have changed. On mpi ports they also support 12Mb communications. I would recommend an ethernet to mpi/profibus comm cable from helmholz.de or vipa.de as these work very well and are not that expensive. It also allows you to connect up direct with a static ip or on a DHCP server network where the server gives the adapter the IP address. Screaming fast.

What the hell are you talking about?? Old parts?

The MPI's that I sell do work for all S7's the protocol (MPI) has not changed

I sell PPI cables for people that do not need the MPI's and don't want to pay the money

Oh now I see....

Let me give you a little history, I came to this site about 4-5 years ago, looking for help, I found it, I was very impressed that people would just help without asking for anything in return, this brings me to you...

You have NOT helped anyone, you are a pathetic sales man/$hity vendor and you should be kicked off this site.

About two years ago, I decided that I had enough of companies like yours, that try and rape us (the end users) and suck every last dime from us, so I decided to start up my own company to show you how its done... its called customer service, something that I am sure you have no idea of what that is... it is not talking **** about you competition, its about suppyling you customers with a very good product that you back with a life time guarantee, again since you are a salesman I would not expect you to know about any of this...

Now you have resorted to talking **** about my website and my products... I sell products that 4 members here supply me with, so now you and your pathetic company that you represent are talking **** about 5 members of this site?? nice.... thats how you get customers... first you lie about their product, then when that does not work you talk ****

Have you ever held a position in the government? you act like it

So let recap... you are a bad salesman, the stuff you sell is over priced, no one is buying from you and its the holiday season....

Happy New Year ! :)