Internal variable

Shohadawy

I found this capability in the manual of my HMI but I could not know when should I use it.

The following is some what is written in the manual about internal variables

Internal variables
Internal variables can be used and selected in the same way as different drivers. A number of volatile and non-volatile user-defined variables can be selected. When a value is changed, the non-volatile variables are saved in the flash memory to be read at the next start-up. The system variables are fixed. These can be used to display e.g. poll intervals and for toggle functions. By clicking Properties & Help in the I/O
Browser or selecting Functions /I/O Configuration/Internal Variables the following window is displayed.

I found this capability in the manual of my HMI but I could not know when should I use it.

The following is some what is written in the manual about internal variables

Internal variables
Internal variables can be used and selected in the same way as different drivers. A number of volatile and non-volatile user-defined variables can be selected. When a value is changed, the non-volatile variables are saved in the flash memory to be read at the next start-up. The system variables are fixed. These can be used to display e.g. poll intervals and for toggle functions. By clicking Properties & Help in the I/O
Browser or selecting Functions /I/O Configuration/Internal Variables the following window is displayed.

You would generally use them where you need a variable but dont need the value in the PLC, for example scaling factors or animation bits etc.

You should use them when you need to, there is no right and wrong place to use them.