Simatic RFID: Read UID (unique identifier) of MDS with SLG-D12S & MOBY D ASM 475

Supreame

Hello,

I want to read the unique identifier (UID) of an mobile data storage unit (MDS) with a CPU 319-3PN, a SLG D12S and a MOBY D ASM 475. I want to know if reading the UID of MDS is possible in this configuration?!
I have doubts regarding the MOBY ASM 475 capability of reading the MDS status...

I was able to read the data stored (with FB45) in the MDS but not the UID.

Thanks!

The answer is YES, this hw. config. can be used to read the UID of MDS.

The function that does the trick is Siemens FB45 properly configured.
In the command DB (UDT20) set fields: "command" - B#16#2, "sub_command" - B#16#0, "length" - 8 & "address_MDS" - W#16#FFF0.

Have a nice experience with RFID systems!

Follow-Up

Curious, how can you manipulate the UID for a given MDS?

Looking to assign, and then protect, the UID across multiple MDSs; while retaining the ability, through a secure procedure, to alter those values should the need arise. Based on what I've seen so far, that doesn't appear to be possible.