"subscribe to this thread" button?

danw

Lifetime Supporting Member
I was sure that there used to be a "subscribe to this thread" button or link or something at the bottom of each thread. That would do email alerts when a thread got additional posts.

I can't seem to find it. Any suggestions?

Dan

When I click on thread tools, I see a choice for 'unsubscribe from this thread'.

2i10bbd.jpg

I want to 'subscibe to the thread', similar to a boolean NOT function for the descrbibed task.

Any suggestions?

Dan

I just realized that I had posted a reply to the thread in order to subscribe to it (not having found the subscribe to this thread link), so naturally, the 'unsubscribe' option appears when 'thread tools' is viewed, when one is already subscribed. Duh.

Those threads to which one is not subscribed show the appropriate "subscribe to this thread"

Dan

You are probably subscribed to the thread already (have you checked your profile?).
I know that I am automatically subscribed to a thread that I created or repsoned to.

Before I wrote my initial reply, I had the option to subscribe to this thread. Since I replied, I now get the unsubscribe to this thread option.

I received an email saying that you replied which is why I can respond so quick (ensures that the subscribe action actually works)