PLC5, Remote I/O and 920i Rice Lake Scale

B Fix

One of my customers is adding 3 920i Rice Lake scales to their Remote I/O network. They are using a PLC5 80/E. I have gone in and added the new rack as rack 14. The 3 scales are setup as being rack 14 groups 0, 2 and 4 for the 3 scales. The scale that is set up as Rack 14, Group 4 is the only one that is communicating right now. The scales set up as Rack 14, Group 0 and Group 2 are not responding. The status lights on the 2 scales that aren't working are not on at all. status light on the Remote I/O board of the one that is working is a solid green. What could I be missing on the other 2 scales? Why aren't they communicating like the last one. The only difference between the 2 that aren't working and the one that is working, is that the SW2-3 dip switch on the remote I/O board is set to OPEN because it is the highest module group in the new rack. Do the others need this dip switch as open also?

Figured it out. Turns out that they had to be powered on with the last node powered on first, then the next two can be powered on. If the last node one isn't powered up first, then the other ones don't work cause they think they are the last node, but their jumper is not set as the last node.